Narnianation
I took my Guy-Who-Doesn't-See-Celebrities with me to see a film last night. GWDSC's biggest celebrity-spotting to date was Robson Green but I had to remind him that Robson Green isn't a celebrity because, by definition, one must celebrate another's talents for said other to be a celebrity, and no-one who isn't in a coma things Robson Green is talented. And even those people find nothing to celebrate about what little talent he has.
So anyway, it turned out to be a cast-and-crew screening and you could tell that because not only did they applaud when the credits came up but they also clapped when they saw the gaffer's name, no doubt remembering that time on set when he accidentally farted during a really emotional scene and everyone laughed and then chipped in to give him a whoopie cusion at the gag awards ceremony during the afterparty. Because independent film budgets require spread investments on such luxury purchases.
Well one of the keywords in a cast-and-crew screening is cast, and there were some faces there, including everyone's favourite faun, James McAvoy of Narnia and Shameless fame. I also took GWDSC's to see Narnia and, also, Pirates 2, and Tom Hollander - even though he isn't in the film - was there too. So you can imagine how excited that made GWDSC who was able to add two names to his piece of paper with Robson Green's name on it. He also saw guy-who-looked-like-a-blonde-Harry-Potter and guy-who-teaches-James-McAvoy-at-Bristol from the film but he didn't know the names of these people. Nevertheless, he wanted to get their autographs because some people still believe there's value in scribblings in the age of eBay.
He was determined to hang around outside and see who else came out on the way out but I wanted to get home to watch Death of A President so I told him that if we waited any longer and missed the train I would have to kill him, take out the rest of the commuters waiting at Charing Cross and then, also steal a train so I could drive it home. But then he pointed out that I don't know how to drive a train so I suggested I'd have to settle for just flaying him alive at which point he realised it would be the smart move to come with me posthaste. GWDSC isn't a thicko, even though he looks it and occassionally smells.
The bad news is that tomorrow I have to interview Ashton Kutcher. If anyone has any weaponry suggestions, be sure to let me have them. Also, comments on questions would be great. So far I have:
Ashton, why are you so crap?
No, but really?
No, but seriously....
Punk'd!
No I'm not, you are crap.
And, as you can imagine, that'll barely take up five minutes. I was thinking I could just stare at him for the rest, but I don't want to go blind and I have it on good authority that if you look at Ashton Kutcher in the eyes for more than ten seconds he puts a gypsy curse on you.
So anyway, it turned out to be a cast-and-crew screening and you could tell that because not only did they applaud when the credits came up but they also clapped when they saw the gaffer's name, no doubt remembering that time on set when he accidentally farted during a really emotional scene and everyone laughed and then chipped in to give him a whoopie cusion at the gag awards ceremony during the afterparty. Because independent film budgets require spread investments on such luxury purchases.
Well one of the keywords in a cast-and-crew screening is cast, and there were some faces there, including everyone's favourite faun, James McAvoy of Narnia and Shameless fame. I also took GWDSC's to see Narnia and, also, Pirates 2, and Tom Hollander - even though he isn't in the film - was there too. So you can imagine how excited that made GWDSC who was able to add two names to his piece of paper with Robson Green's name on it. He also saw guy-who-looked-like-a-blonde-Harry-Potter and guy-who-teaches-James-McAvoy-at-Bristol from the film but he didn't know the names of these people. Nevertheless, he wanted to get their autographs because some people still believe there's value in scribblings in the age of eBay.
He was determined to hang around outside and see who else came out on the way out but I wanted to get home to watch Death of A President so I told him that if we waited any longer and missed the train I would have to kill him, take out the rest of the commuters waiting at Charing Cross and then, also steal a train so I could drive it home. But then he pointed out that I don't know how to drive a train so I suggested I'd have to settle for just flaying him alive at which point he realised it would be the smart move to come with me posthaste. GWDSC isn't a thicko, even though he looks it and occassionally smells.
The bad news is that tomorrow I have to interview Ashton Kutcher. If anyone has any weaponry suggestions, be sure to let me have them. Also, comments on questions would be great. So far I have:
Ashton, why are you so crap?
No, but really?
No, but seriously....
Punk'd!
No I'm not, you are crap.
And, as you can imagine, that'll barely take up five minutes. I was thinking I could just stare at him for the rest, but I don't want to go blind and I have it on good authority that if you look at Ashton Kutcher in the eyes for more than ten seconds he puts a gypsy curse on you.
To date the only celebrities I have "spotted" outside of work are Rob Brydon, Lucy from BNTM and Russell Brand. Actually, Russell Brand doesn't even count because he was leaning outside the place I was going into to do some work anyway, so that leaves me with crap. Oh! Wait! I saw Children's Laureate Jacqueline Wilson yesterday. She has very kinky boots.
Posted by
Kat |
8:48 AM
I would just like to defend my case with the fact that I wasn't the one who suggested waiting around outside, I believe your exact words were; "I just want to see if he has real fawn legs or whether it was all a hoax!"
Also you wanted to see if the hot brunette was going to come out, which she didn't and I'm telling you now, the disappointment in your eyes was suprising considering your social stance! All I can say is, she was no Scully!
GWDSC :)
Posted by
Dan Read |
9:47 AM